Lighthouses in Scotland
- Ardnamurchan Lighthouse – Ardnamurchan Point – the most westerly point of the British Mainland.
Bell Rock Lighthouse – This site commemorates probably Scotland’s greatest single engineering feat of the early 19th century; its creator and builder, Robert Stevenson; the workmen and seamen who were engaged on its construction; and to John Rennie, who was appointed Chief Engineer to the project.
Stay in a Scottish Lighthouse
- Rua Reidh Lighthouse – Melvaig, Gairloch, Wester Ross, Melvaig, IV21 2EA
At Rua Reidh Lighthouse you will find a terrace. Other facilities offered at the property include a shared lounge and a dining area in the conservatory. Featuring a bath or shower, the en-suite bathrooms also come with a hairdryer. You can enjoy sea view from every room. Inverness Airport is 85 miles away. [/box]
Lighthouse Governing Bodies
- Northern Lighthouse Board
- Trinity House – The Lighthouse Authority for England, Wales, the Channel Islands & Gibraltar
- The Commissioners of Irish Lights
Scottish Lighthouse Museums
Lighthouses in England
- Association of Lighthouse Keepers – a forum for everyone interested in lighthouses, lightships and aids to navigation.
- British Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society
- Lighthouses of Australia Inc
- Great Lakes Lighthouse Keepers Association
- The Nova Scotia Lighthouse Preservation Society
- United States Lighthouse Society
- The World Lighthouse Society
- A Lighthouse Keeper’s Life – A video from National Museums Scotland