Photography in Scotland
Scottish Photography Websites
Camera Clubs in Scotland
- Aberdeen Camera Club
- Alba Photographic Society – A small but progressive and independent Scottish photographic society in Wishaw.
- Alyth Photographic Club – A small group of enthusiastic amateurs from Alyth and the wider area of Perthshire, who share a common interest in photography.
- Mid Argyll Camera Club – Lochgilphead
- Armadale Camera Club
- Ayr Photographic Society – The Photography News Camera Club of the Year 2015-2016.
- Beeslack Penicuik Camera Club
- Beith Camera Club – BCC is an enthusiastic group of around 30 photographers who meet in Beith Community Centre on Thursday evenings during the winter months (Sept – March).
- Biggar Camera Club
- Bon-Accord Camera Club – Aberdeen – The Bon Accord Camera Club has been helping amateur photographers get the most out of their photography for more than 75 years.
- Clydebank Camera Club
- Cowal Camera Club – Dunoon – Whether you are a complete beginner or experienced enthusiast you will find a warm welcome, with interesting talks and presentations throughout the season.
- Cumbernauld & Kilsyth Photographic Society
- Deeside Camera Club – Aboyne
- Dingwall Camera Club – DCC welcome photographers of all ages and levels of experience.
- Dumfries Camera Club – Founded in 1947, The Dumfries Camera Club gives a warm welcome to all levels of photographer, from beginner to international award winner.
- Dundee Photographic Society – One of Scotland’s leading amateur photographic clubs for more than 130 years
- East Kilbride Camera Club
- Eastwood Camera Club – Glasgow – Established in 1943.
- Edinburgh Photographic Society – The EPS warmly welcomes all who share an interest in photography – from the complete beginner to the most skilled photographer.
- Galashiels Camera Club
- Glasgow University Photographic Society
- Glenrothes Camera Club – The GCC provides members of the community interested in photography an opportunity to come together to share, learn, and develop photographic skills in an environment that is mutually supportive and encourages growth of artistic vision and technical knowledge.
- Haddington Camera Club
- Hamilton Camera Club – HCC are a friendly club with an interesting and varied syllabus, from guest speakers to practical evenings.
- Hawick Camera Club
- Kelso Camera Club
- Kinross Camera Club – KCC was founded in 1985 and caters for all abilities, attracting members from Kinross-shire, Fife and beyond.
- Mearns Camera Club – Stonehaven
- Midlothian Camera Club – MCC are a small but active and friendly camera club located in Lasswade, Midlothian.
- Moray Camera Club
- Musselburgh Camera Club
- Paisley Colour Photographic Club
- Paisley Photographic Society
- Queen’s Park Camera Club – Glasgow
- Skelmorlie Camera Club
- Stirling and District Camera Club
History of Scottish Photography
- EdinPhoto – This site covers the History of photography in Edinburgh.
- Photopolis – Old Dundee in Photographs.
- Scottish Society for the History of Photography – The main objective of the Society is to further an interest and pleasure in historic and modern photography. To that end, it organises talks, workshops, visits to collections and exhibitions.