Your privacy is very important to us. At ScotlandInternet.com we have a few fundamental principles that we follow:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site.
Like most website operators, ScotlandInternet.com collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Awesome Motive’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how ScotlandInternet.com visitors use its website. From time to time, ScotlandInternet.com may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
ScotlandInternet.com also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on our blogs. ScotlandInternet.com only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to ScotlandInternet.com website choose to interact with ScotlandInternet.com in ways that require ScotlandInternet.com to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that ScotlandInternet.com gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who comment on our blog to provide a username and email address. Those who wish to receive ScotlandInternet.com updates via email, we collect their emails. In each case, ScotlandInternet.com collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with ScotlandInternet.com. ScotlandInternet.com does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
ScotlandInternet.com may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites. For instance, ScotlandInternet.com may monitor the most popular pages on the ScotlandInternet.com site or use spam screened by the Akismet service to help identify spam. ScotlandInternet.com may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Awesome Motive does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
ScotlandInternet.com discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on ScotlandInternet.com behalf or to provide services available at ScotlandInternet.com websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country; by using ScotlandInternet.com website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. ScotlandInternet.com will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organisations, as described above, ScotlandInternet.com discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when ScotlandInternet.com believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of ScotlandInternet.com, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of the ScotlandInternet.com website and have supplied your email address, ScotlandInternet.com may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with ScotlandInternet.com and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Awesome Motive takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If ScotlandInternet.com, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Awesome Motive goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of ScotlandInternet.com may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
Terms and Conditions
LicenseUnless otherwise stated, ScotlandInternet.com and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on ScotlandInternet.com. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Scotland Internet.com for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions. You must not:
- Republish material from ScotlandInternet.com
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from ScotlandInternet.com]
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from ScotlandInternet.com
- Redistribute content from ScotlandInternet.com
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
Hyperlinking to our ContentThe following organisations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organisations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other businesses.
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
iFramesWithout prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
Content LiabilityWe shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of RightsWe reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our websiteIf you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly. We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
DisclaimerTo the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.